Why is the Activation button not working?
Did you open the form using Acrobat Reader DC?
Check the text at the top left of the page when the document is open and you should see “SEC Registration.pdf – Adobe Acrobat Reader DC”.
Click the image to expand[/caption]
Answer – if another program has opened the form (using Chrome or Safari extensions, for example) you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to complete this form. To find out if you have it installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button on your task bar (usually found at the bottom left of the computer screen).
- Select All Programs from the pop-up menu.
- Verify that there is a folder called Adobe Acrobat listed.
If you don’t have Adobe Reader on your computer, you can download it for free here. Adobe may suggest installing software from other companies along with Reader. Usually you do not want or need those, so uncheck them unless you’re sure you want them. If you use PDF products apart from Adobe Reader DC, the form may not be fully functional.
Are you accessing the document on a phone or tablet?
This document uses features available within Microsoft Windows (AES-256bit encryption) and may not work correctly using Apple or Android devices.
Answer – open the document on a Windows PC (e.g. a friend, your local library or an Internet Cafe).
Is your email address linked to Adobe?
Note: hotmail is not compatible. We suggest using Gmail.
First check your email drafts folder for the expected generated email.
If it is there, click send, you will receive the activation code in an email back which will arrive to your inbox folder.
If not, you can check the default email of Adobe Reader DC
- Click Edit->Preferences->Email Account-> The email address with a green or grey tick is the default email of Adobe
- If you wish to add your email >Add account-> Add gmail->(enter your gmail address)->Click your gmail address in the box and the Make default button->a tick should appear beside the gmail address in the box->click ok.
- Then click the activation button/submit again
- Click allow, enable and yes to all. You may be asked to enter your gmail address and password again.
- The pdf will create a draft email in your gmail email.
- Press send on that email
- In return you will receive an email with the activation code in it/confirmation email.