How to Appeal an SEC Grant:
- Review your notification letter and the accompanying Means Test Summary to ensure that there is no mistake on the calculation of the Means Test.
- If you believe that the Means Test determining your grant has been calculated incorrectly then please email email@example.com to request an appeal form.
- Please include your name and reference number in the email.
- Appeal forms will be sent by email with an SMS of the password required to open the form.
- In making your appeal application, grounds for appeal may include, for example:
- Incorrect application of information previously provided or incorrect information used to calculate the Means Test.
- Change of circumstances not known at time of application
- New information since time of application
- Special circumstances (for example: a serious medical condition; parent/guardian death)
Supporting documentation should be provided if your appeal is on the basis of change of circumstances/new information/special circumstances.
Applicants should be aware that appeal of grants is treated in the strictest confidence. The SEC is not in a position to discuss applications for appeals with school personnel.
Applicants should note that appeals sent to other SEC email addresses may not be seen. Please make sure to use: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure fairness to all applicants for appeals, only appeals received using the steps above can be considered.